The information on this page was last updated 28 August 2006
This series started in January 1985 as Mega Almanacco, and the title has been changes several times. Since August 2006 the series is named Mega.
The first issue of Mega Almanacco was 337, continuing the numbering from Almanacco Topolino.
A full history of the series:
- Albi d'Oro was published from 1937 to December 1956. It contained also non-Disney stories, and was first published monthly, then weekly.
- Almanacco Topolino was published from January 1957 to December 1971. The larger format allowed for non-Italian 4-tier stories (most Italian stories are 3 rows).
- The name was changed to Mega Almanacco at #337 in January 1985. The magazine was made smaller, and started printing mostly Brazilian and Danish stories.
- In April 1992 the series was renamed to Mega 2000 and this title was used from issue #424 to #520.
- In the year 2000, at issue #521, the series was named Mega 3000. This lasted until issue #595 in July 2006.
- From August 2006 the title dropped its number and was named simply Mega, printing mostly Danish stories produced by Egmont.