AdvertisementBirdorable - Cute bird apparel and gifts
Home » Craziest Things I've Ever Seen, Websites & Tools » Facebook’s photo verification

Facebook’s photo verification

by
Posted on Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 at 9:01 pm CET

I tried to log on to Facebook today from a public wifi location and Facebook wanted to verify who I was by showing me some random photos of Facebook friends. It tried to show me 7 photos with faces of friends and for each one I had to pick from a list of 6 names. In the end Facebook decided if I’d answer enough correct ones to let me in or not. Unfortunately, most of the photos I got were just random photos like screenshots from Farmville or photos like the one below.

How am I supposed to know who posted these photos? This is a ridiculous verification method. I ended up just guessing most of them. I had to try it four times and each time had to wait an hour before I could try again!

Comments

Jun 13, 2011
1:05 pm
#1 Steve wrote:

I just left my last job where I managed our company facebook account for work. I never log in from home. Now I log in from home for the first time and it asks these ridiculous security questions because – oh my goodness – I’m logging in from a different computer. It asked me where my mother was born. You’d think I would know.

Anyway, apparently I didn’t answer correctly so I’m locked out of my own account. Anyone know how long before I can try again? Do I have to try to log in from a different computer? I don’t have access to the last computer any longer. I guess with 500 Million users you don’t need to offer customer service.

I hated facebook before, now I will be vocal with my distain. Btw – Linkedin offers live customer service for their paid users. Way to go Linkedin! But then again, they only have about 100 Million users.

Jun 13, 2011
1:07 pm
#2 fff wrote:

This happened to me also, now in June 2011. I was not even able to recognize friends I know well because some of the pictures were so bad, or were just a Christmas card that someone had made a tag for them on it. This is an insane way to make ID check. I also have lots of friends I have only seen once, and who are members of the same international organisation. We use facebook to network across the world. Seems like Facebook is not meant for that.

Dec 8, 2011
6:13 pm
#3 James wrote:

I was just blocked out of my account. I didnt even know who someone was because it showed pictures of their children who were tagged as them. I’m really annoyed. When can I try again to log it?

Dec 22, 2011
10:28 pm
#4 John wrote:

Well after reading all of this I am glad that I am not the only one. I have been blocked for about 2 weeks with no signs of a solution..How annoying especially having to add all my friends again and loosing my lvls in the Game apps. Glad I didn’t spend any money on them…but a bit of time…Really Bites!!!!

Jan 12, 2012
12:45 am
#5 philip wrote:

i had the same problem… you just have to keep on trying and then youll be able to open your accounyt 🙂

Jan 13, 2012
12:39 am
#6 ranjeet kusam wrote:

Jan 13, 2012
10:03 pm
#7 ranjeet kusam wrote:

Feb 1, 2012
2:30 am
#8 luxy wrote:

i have the same issue. have tried several times by guess 1 by 1 silly picture but didnt make it out. please HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Mar 23, 2012
9:25 am
#9 Kashan wrote:

I have SAme Issue,, Kindly some One help me,, I Wnt my Account back.. Tell Me Any Method!!

Mar 25, 2012
12:06 pm

This is dumb. I got locked out too. I use a social network manager and am on the go all the time so use my phone and laptop on open wifi. The people I have as friends are colleagues so I don’t know their pictures..some I do because they are nice enough to put in a business card image in their profile. I was fortunate enough to get pictures all correct once but then was presented with a message “No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later.” There is no help from fb either.

Mar 31, 2012
8:11 am
#11 Kristine wrote:

I have correctly identified the people in my pictures, as it was all family. It still won’t let me log back in.

Apr 14, 2012
12:59 am
#12 Munaza Khan wrote:

i. im unable to log into my fb account as it saya “No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later.” its been already 4 days .but it dint turn up still..can u please help me solving this issue.. i need back my fb.. 🙂

Apr 19, 2012
5:45 pm
#13 Anna wrote:

This happened to me too, I have been on Facebook for 6 months or so and my account IS verified by my email and phone number. I can not understand why it has security issues now when I have used it everyday since signing up. If by some miracle there’s a way to access my account again I’ll be closing it and never going to the site again. Their help service is pathetic really, do they not care about their users? They make enough money to fix such a simple problem, or at least to hire someone to come up with a better security system! F**k you Facebook..

Apr 23, 2012
12:36 am
#14 Titania wrote:

No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later.this is wat always shows when i am trying to login to my account. i was also asked to verify my account by identifying some photos.but how can i identify them when most of the photos that shows up are animes(many friends of mine loves anime)???its really infuriating!it made me think “of all of my friends in facebook why should it be me?even in my account i dont spam or something like that!theres a lot of spammers and viotlators out there so why should it be my account!i cant lose that account!its to special to me!how can i fix this?please somebody tell me!

May 24, 2012
6:39 am
#15 Manuel wrote:

I have the same issue too, i have over 1000 friends and when fb took me through this verification method it displayed mostly images of anything but people, flowers, scenes etc and sometimes three pictures of nothing!! How the $%#@ am I supposed to have the correct answer. I am absolutely shocked at the stupidity of FB and their engineers with this ridiculous idea. It is this type of arrogance that we are continuing to experience with FB, wasting peoples time with hair brained ideas. I am ready to dump FB, sick and tired, what a joke. Thanks for the advice here though.

I am locked out now after three attempts to login and I am severely pissed off

Jun 1, 2012
1:51 pm
#16 Mohamed Nady wrote:

very bad problem on FBk
you can get http://m.facebook.com/

Jul 1, 2012
6:37 am
#17 sahid wrote:

बहेनकी चुत FACEBOOK वहोत गन्दी चिज है । इसमे लगीन मत करो । इसने मेरेको हमेसा ऐ वाला मेसेज देकर No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later. मेरा ACCOUNT BLOCK कर दिया है । इसकी म की वुर चोदु ।

Jul 10, 2012
7:50 am
#18 monalisa maharana wrote:

I have over 1200 friends… 1200 of them are all for Car madness… I have no idea who the hell these people are…

Now I can’t get in to my account. They stole my information and now I have no way to close my account because the dumb ass verification methods wont let me in to edit anything and there is no way to contact them.

Jul 21, 2012
11:32 pm
#19 taker wrote:

my facebook account is locked help me..!!!

Jul 21, 2012
11:33 pm
#20 taker wrote:

Facebook is suckzzzzz

Aug 2, 2012
11:41 am
#21 Aziz wrote:

What kind of verification method is this!!!
And how am I gonna know which one belongs to my friends!!
If the photo is about someone’s cat’s ass. :-/!!!

This is totally a waste of time, money & friends. X-(

Help needed here. 🙁

Sep 12, 2012
6:49 am
#22 leo wrote:

same problem here ..
stuck for about a week
need help please !!

Sep 27, 2012
10:34 am
#23 ester wrote:

I also can’t long in to my FB account. I have more then 2000 friend. I am not looking to all their almost everyday and i am not 24/7 online on FB to know every photo. They show me photo’s of cows, chickens, flowers ect….how do i know who’s pic that is? I mean if they show peopel their face then it would be much easy but showing cows and chickens is really madness! What’s wrong with these people to come with such a mad idea? I am going to find some other socials network because i really have enough of this evil FB! Hope that they will see their mistakes!

Nov 30, 2012
5:25 am
#24 Uzma Khan wrote:

Hey… The Facebook team or simply call a bullshit team. I am a new user to FB so started adding friends. Few I know and others don’t. My account got locked and secondly asking for photo verification. You bunch of baboons. How could a person know who’s tagged in these pics?? This is not Facebook it is s Shitbook. And you all fb team are shitters..

Dec 7, 2012
12:12 am
#25 vikash wrote:

i am fine

Jan 6, 2013
10:17 am
#26 pc repqairs wrote:

yeah i agree facebook needs to be redesigned maybe i’ll start yourfbook. tagged random shite then verification ffs zuckerberg zucks

Jan 25, 2013
6:09 am
#27 dolly baruah wrote:

same problem here.plz help get logging in

Mar 9, 2013
3:24 am
#28 umer wrote:

Mar 9, 2013
6:11 am
#29 umer wrote:

sir please solve my problem , reply me soon .

Mar 13, 2013
2:52 pm
#30 Suryakant wrote:

Who the fuck had made this photo verication method……

Just need the ans. If he/she is able to identify his/her freinds if they are shown as ****…

I was not so frequent to access my fb account….so why the shit they expect to remember the photos of my freinds in which they are tagged…

God I need my fb account BACK..

Otherwise fuck off uh bloody fb team

Mar 15, 2013
4:26 am
#31 Jon wrote:

facebook wouldn’t last long with all these security check!!! Fucking hate it!! I had around 4,900 friends on my first account and my new Account I made recently is roadblocked again because of this stupid photo verification! It showed me pictures of animals, love quotes and some stupid tagged pictures!!! I hope some hacker send a virus in the main control room and remove facebook out of the world!!

Mar 15, 2013
4:30 am
#32 Jon wrote:

and Mr. Arthur, plz send all the comments to the facebook official website.

Mar 25, 2013
4:47 am
#33 kashem wrote:

sir i cannot understand the photos tagged by peoples please help me how i can pass this security check.please please please please reply me as soon as possible.

Mar 25, 2013
11:29 am
#34 Hanif Himu wrote:

please easy method of photo varification link sent my email as soon as possible ….please

Apr 12, 2013
11:22 am
#35 jogi wrote:

Oh boy facebook has gone unreal!…..I am being presented with pictures that were uploaded by the account holder for an audience and not the account holders profile photo! Two pictures they present one was an animal and I know none of my facebook friend uses that……………….where did you get that from Mr facebook ?

I am still trying to get back into my account! On the last try I was told I took too long to id the photos! ?

Oh and the email registrered with the account is my own domain, is that not the best varification ?

I can not help feeling some one at the facebook is not right in their head! And I can not be blamed for the last statement!

Jogi

May 2, 2013
10:31 am
#36 Aloe wrote:

I usually do not create many responses, however i did some searching and wound up here Facebooks photo verification

Jun 9, 2013
9:03 am
#37 VILAS wrote:

Jun 24, 2013
6:22 pm
#38 Calm and frustrated. wrote:

Hello, I’ve been a member of Facebook for less then 24 hours. My account logged me out while I was using it and it’s forcing me to do this dumb photo vertification. Thing is, I’m a South Park roleplayer account owner, and it’s hard to do this when most of the names are exactly the same. What ever happened to the damn phone vertification hmm? Cause it’s definitly better then this bullshit. Someone needs to report this to the Facebook owners so they get us back our accounts, or at least show them this website and see all the complaints.

Nov 25, 2013
8:20 am
#39 Aniket Prajapati wrote:

i dont know who has tagged that photos so how can i give that answers?

Nov 30, 2013
8:57 am
#40 monu dakhla wrote:

plz verify my fb account

Sep 24, 2014
12:30 pm
#41 lady majesty wrote:

For some reason I cant log in my facebook account they kept asking you to identify random photo and goverment id I hate them????????????????????

Apr 14, 2015
8:54 am
#42 jobaer wrote:

why photo verification…..??? what’s the salutation..????